MT KAILASH (6,714 m) is the holiest mountain in TIBET. The grandeur of MT KAILASH can be rivaled by a very few mountains in the world. Situated in the far western corner of the Tibetan plateau, this legendary snow-capped jewel is revered by four different religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism & Bonpo) as one of the most sacred and challenging pilgrimages in the world. Four of the Orient’s greatest rivers; the Brahmaputra, the Sutlej, the Indus & the Karnali originate from and around the MT KAILASH. At the base of the mountain are two vast lakes divinely called MANASAROVAR & RAKAS TAL.
For the Hindus, MT KAILASH is regarded as the earthly manifestation of MT MERU, a spiritual centre of the universe, which is described in the Hindu mythology as a fantastic pillar of 84,000 miles around which everything revolves with its root to the lowest hell and summit touching the heaven. MT KAILSH is itself an abode of LORD SHIVA, lord of the universe, who shares this magnificent mountain with his consort PARVATI. There at the base is the sacred LAKE MANASAROVAR, where a bath offers a pilgrim an access to Brahma’s (Hindu god for creation) paradise and drink of its holy water wipes out the sins of hundred lifetimes. For the Jains, a religious group in India with many similarities with Buddhism, MT KAILASH is taken as the holy pilgrimage where their first prophet achieved enlightenment.
Newly Built Highway to Holy Mt Kailash
The 53 km Kailash circuit is the holiest of all Tibet's pilgrimages and it has been drawing increasing number of travelers from all over the world. It is said that a single Parikarma (circumambulation) erases the accumulated sins of a lifetime, while 108 circumambulations will achieve Salvation or Nirvana.
Panoramic view of Holy Manasarovar with the Gurlamandhata Range to its south
The 1st part of the tour takes you all the way the far north-western area of Nepal with a flight right from Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, to Simikot, the headquarter of Humla District of Nepal. The 2nd part involves almost a 7-8 day strenuous trekking through the gorges and valleys made by the Karnali river leading to the border point called Hilsa (Nepal side) and Sher (Tibet side).
Sher in fron & Burang (Taklakot) at it back drop
The 3rd part takes you inside Tibet through Taklakot (Burang) to Manasarovar and then takes you so close to Mt Kailash with a 3 day kora around Mt Kailash unfolding the highly spiritual atmosphere being a part of the religious devotion presented by the different sects of the Hindus and Buddhists of the world.
After about 11 days pilgrimage plus tour in Tibet, the last part of the tour takes you again back to Nepal at the border point called Zhangmu/Kodari where the Nepalese vehicle with the guide will be waiting for you to get transferred to back to Kathmandu through lush green Nepalese landscape.
Compared to earlier days, facilities in terms of road, accommodation and food in the Kailash area are increasing day by day. This way, the pilgrimage is getting cheaper and affordable. So, we are also organizing the pilgrimage just with guest houses only by which the pilgrims/visitors can buy food: breakfast, lunch and dinner in all guest houses where they stay overnight at much lower cost.
This way, more and more visitors are undertaking the pilgrimage. Just explore Mt Kailash with us and take a chance to wipe your sins of hundred past lives.
Welcome to the holy land of MT KAILASH & MANASROVAR!!
Day 01 : Fly KATHMANDU - NEPALGUNJ - Overnight Hotel Sneha or Batika
Day 02 : Transfer to airport and fly to SIMIKOT (1,950 m) – Sun Valley Resort - Acclimatisation
Day 03 : Start trek to DHARAPANI (2,400 m) - Camp
Day 04 : Trek DHARAPANI - KHERMI (3,050 m) - Camp
Day 05 : Trek KHERMI – YALBANG GOMBA (3,300 m) - Camp
Day 06 : Trek YALBANG GOMBA – TUMKOT KHOLA (3,400 m) - Camp
Day 07 : Trek TUMKOT KHOLA – THADO DHUNGA (3,850 m) – Camp
Day 08 : Trek THADO DHUNGA - NARA LA (4,330 m) – HILSA - ENTER TIBET VIA SHER
(3,860 m) (TIBET) - drive to PURANG (TAKLAKOT) (3,930 m) - Guest House
Day 09 : Rest day for acclimatisation at PURANG (TAKLAKOT). Tonight’s rest will enable you to
undertake the tour on this high plateau without any problem with regard to the altitude
sickness - Guest House
Day 10 : Drive TAKLAKOT - MANASAROVAR (5,410 m) - Guest House.
Day 11 : Scenic drive MANASAROVAR - DARCHEN (4,560 m) with a circumambulation
(parikrama: kora) of the MANASAROVAR LAKE (4-5 hrs) - Guest House
Day 12 : Early morning scenic drive TARBOCHE where SAGA DAWA festival is celebrated every
year. Right from here, start trek (circumambulation (kora) around MT KAILASH: kora in
Tibetan) to DIRAPHUK (4,890m) – Tented Guest House
Day 13 : Continue trek DIRPHUK - ZUTUL PUK (4,790 m) passing by DROMA LA (5,600 m) &
GAURI KUNDA – Tented guest house at ZUTUL PHUK.
Day 14 : Today, we take a downhill trail on our way to ending point for about 3 hours where our
vehicles would be waiting for us to be driven to TIRTHAPURI where one can enjoy hot
water spring for relaxation - Guest House
Day 15 : Drive TIRTHAPURI – TSAPRANG (3,700m) /TOLING(3680m) (5-6 HRS) – GUEST
Day 16 : Explore TOLING (9th century Kingdom of GUGE but in ruin forms) – GUEST HOUSE at
Day 17 : Drive TSAPRANG – MANASAROVAR (225 m) – Guest House
Day 18 : Drive PARYANG (4,600 M) - SAGA (4,400 M)(255 km) - Guest House
Day 19 : Drive SAGA – NYALAM (3,750 m)(240 km) - Guest House.
Day 20 : Drive NYALAM – KATHMANDU (156 km) via ZHANGMU – Transfer to your hotel in KATHMANDU – End of the tour.
COST: 07 NIGHTS/08 DAYS NEPAL PORTION ON CAMPING WITH FULLBOARD BASIS
BASIS CAMPING ON FULLBOARD
06-07 PAX US$ 2,000 NET PER PERSON
08-09 PAX US$ 1925 NET PER PERSON
10-ABV PAX US$ 1850 NET PER PERSON
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT US$ 200 NET PER PERSON
COST: 12 DAYS TIBET PORTION ON GUEST HOUSE WITH BB BASIS
06-07 PAX US$ 1695 NET PER PERSON
08-09 PAX US$ 1,560 NET PER PERSON
10-ABV PAX US$ 1,410ET PER PERSON
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT US$ 310 PER PERSON
1) AIRFARE KTM/NEPALGANJ/SIMIKOT: US$ 332 NET PER PERSON
2) SPECIAL TREK PERMIT FEE IN THE RESTRICTED SIMIKOT AREA IN NEPAL: US$ 50 NET PER PERSON
3) DISTRICT TOURISM DEV. COMMITTEE FEE: US$ 10 NET PER PERSON
4) TIBET VISA FEE:
NATIONALS NORMAL (in 1 week) URGENT (in 3 days) TOP URGENT(same day: 1 day)
Non-US nationals US$ 50 US$ 65 US$ 85
US nationals US$ 140 US$ 155 US$ 175
01. All above prices are NET
02. Above airfare and visa fees are subject to change as per airlines and the
Chinese Embassy respectively.
03. Camping arrangement with food will be provided by the Nepali Sherpa crew in Nepal for the 07
04. 12 nights/13 days in Tibet will be in guest houses with breakfast only.
ABOVE COST INCLUDES:
• 01 NIGHT TWIN SHARING ROOM IN HOTEL BATIKA OR SNEHA IN NEPALGANJ IN NEPAL ON HALF BOARD BASIS AS PER ITINERARY,
• CAMPING ARRANGEMENT WITH FOOD WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE NEPALI SHERPA CREW IN NEPAL FOR THE 07 NIGHT/08 DAYS,
• 12 NIGHTS/13 DAYS IN TIBET WILL BE IN GUEST HOUSES WITH BREAKFAST ONLY.
• ALL TRANSPORT IN TIBET BY NON-A/C VAN/MINI-COACH FOR THE CLIENTS AS PER GROUP SIZE,
• TRANSPORT FROM THE TIBET BORDER TO KATHMANDU BY A NON-A/C VAN/MINI-COACH FOR THE CLIENTS AS PER GROUP SIZE
• TIBET TRAVEL PERMIT FEE,
• YAKS FOR CARRYING LUGGAGE AROUND MT KAILASH,
• 01 OXYGEN CYLINDER (800ml) EACH,
• SPECIAL PERMIT FOR KAILASH AREA,
• ENTRANCE FEES TO MONASTERIES,
• NECESSARY TRANSFERS,
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• ALL INSURANCE & RESCUE OPERATIONS,
• PHOTOGRAPHY FEES IN THE MONASTERIES,
• ALL EXTRA EXPENSES DUE TO NATURAL AND POLITICAL PROBLEMS LIKE SNOW, LANDSLIDES, STRIKES, FLIGHT CANCELLATION & DELAY, ETC.,
• LUNCH & DINNER IN TIBET,
• ALL EXPENSES OF PERSONAL NATURE SUCH AS DRINKS, LAUNDRY & TIPS, ETC.
Account holder: Name : EncountersNepal.com Pvt. Ltd.
Account Number.: 010100060931524
Bank & Address: Bank of Kathmandu Ltd.
Thamel branch Kathmandu Nepal
SWIFT CODE: BOKLNPKA
Bank of Kathmandu Limited
Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: (977 1) 4701201, 4701202
Fax: (977 1) 4410143
Bank of Kathmandu Limited, P.O. Box 9044, Kamal Pokhari, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telex: 2820 BOK NP
Tel: (977 1) 4414541
Fax: (977 1) 4418990
Terms and conditions:
1) We always try our best to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, since you are traveling in one of the most remote parts of Nepal, we shall not be responsible for any alteration or cancellation of itinerary due to any unavoidable circumstances beyond our control such as road blockade, landslide, snow, political unrest & strikes, cancellation of flights, delayed arrivals, sickness or accidents.
2) Any extra cost incurring there of shall be borne by the clients themselves.
3) We highly advise all clients to have full insurance coverage against any unavoidable situations such as trip cancellation, medical treatment, and personal accidents and so on.
4) Simikot airport is one of most remote airports of Nepal with minimum of basic facilities. In this case, flights can any time be cancelled due several reasons. In that case, helicopter chartering is another option. Please think about this situation as well in case of the flight cancellation.